Thursday, January 10, 2008

I just yelled at my cat.

I know I shouldn't do that. She didn't mean to do anything wrong, it's just the counter looked so appealing, and I was there, and she wanted to be close to me and purr and shed fur all over my skirt, and she knew she could make the jump, so she did it. Now she's all skulking in the corner and refusing to come over even though I put on my nice owner voice and made smacking noises with my lips and snapped my fingers and promised to rub under her chin like she likes.

I want to make her understand. It's nothing personal, it's just that I had students, one particular, all day, who did things they weren't supposed to do because they were appealing, and I was there, and they just wanted my attention, and I held (most of) my calm all day and I didn't (really) raise my voice, and I came home and then...

I think I see why couples should avoid each other for the first hour after work or so.

My cat and I, we're kind of like a couple. Except she's a cat, and female, and I'm a human, and female. Any Heterosexual. I don't know about her sexuality, but I don't suppose it really matters...

As close as I'm gonna come for now, anyhow. *Sigh*

1 comment:

Lily said...

we need a catch-up date.

also, i yell at my cat sometimes too. but we always make up in the end.