Sunday, October 14, 2007

the anxiety returns...

After a weekend of fun with close friends, and two weeks free of school, I spent the evening being sure I am prepared for tomorrow. And by prepared I mean ready with a clearly defined schedule of every minute and at least two back up activities.

I'm getting the hang of it now.

Still, even with the preparation and the knowledge that I AM AN EXCELLENT TEACHER, the anxiety returns. It's not as much fear anymore, more a subtle gnawing at the back of my mind. What will tomorrow hold, and how will you respond to it?

Somehow, it's becoming more like a game.

2 comments:

Jen Barney said...

Hello! I am Jeff Barney's wife.... it is such a pleasure to welcome you to the blogosphere! I have found that this has been SUCH AN AMAZING outlet, focus, and tool for my teaching... Please feel free to come to my site (www.jenteacherslife.blogspot.com) and click on the other sites- There are several middle school and higher grades that I post with. Some blogs that would be useful to you are:

- READ! READ! READ!
- ENGLISH TEA PARTY
- INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO GROW
- TWO WRITING TEACHERS

They are excellent and have so much information.

BTW, what do you teach in the sixth grade? Do you have the workshop approach in your district?

Good Luck and let me know if there is anything that I can do for you this year!

G.L.H. said...

Methinks, dear Watson, that you have found the key to living the rest of your life...

--barbie